Samsung has started rolling out the much-awaited Android 4.0 update for Galaxy Note owners. The update is being released over-the-air and is 318MB in size. It’s been a good few weeks for Android device owners who’d been looking forward to their tablets and smartphones being updated to the latest and greatest Ice Cream Sandwich, or Android version 4.0.
So, now you can update your Galaxy Note with Android 4.0 ICS via kies or manually download and flash via odin. Here, Here, is the detailed step by step guide for every Galaxy note user who wants to root the device that running XXLPY firmware.
( Note: Only Download your phones kernel version. To check phone version you can follow two way :
1. Tap or Type *#1234# OR 2. Go to Setting – About Phone – see Baseband version. )
- If you do not have Samsung’s KIES 2.0 installed, download and install it. Correct USB drivers must be installed, so that programs can communicate with the device. Reboot computer after KIES installation.
Step 1: Set your phones into USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
Step 2: Turn your phones into download mode by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously.
Step 3: Start ODIN on PC.
Step 4: Connect the device to your computer using USB.
Step 5: Wait a few seconds, the ODIN screen will show that a device is now connected
- Make sure that in ODIN nothing is checked, except the “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time” checkboxes.
- Press the “PDA” button, and select the “CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LPY-v5.3-CWM5.zip” file.
- Press “Start”. ODIN will now flash the kernel, and the device should reboot.