The update should be available as an OTA update, you can also check if it is available from the settings on your handset. The firmware (XXLPY 4.0.3, build date May 4) is rolling out to users over-the-air in Germany and the Netherlands at the time of writing.
It brings with it Samsung’s revamped TouchWiz UI and its new Premium Suite of S-pen based apps including S Note, Shape Match and My Story. If you still not receive the update notification, then you can download the firmware and manually flash into your Galaxy Note via Odin. Here is the download link and instructions on how to flash Android 4.0.3 XXLPY to you Samsung galaxy Note XXLPY:
- We are not liable for any damages that could happen to your smartphone. Flash at your own risk. There is a possibility for your phone to get bricked and totally unusable.
- Create a backup of your phone’s important data to external storage.
- Battery power at least 80% full.
- If you do not have Samsung’s KIES 2.0 installed, download and install it. Correct USB drivers must be installed, so that programs can communicate with the device. Reboot computer after KIES installation.
Step 1: Set your phones into USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
Step 2: Turn your phones into download mode by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously.
Step 3: Start ODIN on PC.
Step 4: Connect the device to your computer using USB.
Step 5: Wait a few seconds, the ODIN screen will show that a device is now connected
- Make sure that in ODIN nothing is checked, except the “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time” checkboxes.
Step 6: Press the “PDA” button, and select the “N7000XXLPY_N7000XALPY_N7000XXLPT_HOME.tar.md5” file.
Step 7: Press “Start”. ODIN will now the firmware, and the device should reboot after flash complete.
So how to root Galaxy Note Android 4.0.3 XXLPY ?Stay tuned with us at Facebook and Google Plus to get updates on latest tutorial to root Galaxy Note Android 4.0.3 XXLPY.