Samsung has finally started rolling out the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for its Galaxy Note smartphone for Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. The new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 device brings the new TouchWiz user interface. Apart from that, the update bundles the new S Note app which offers advanced note taking feature coupled with other productivity tools.
You can flash this new Android 4.0.3 firmware with build number N7000 DXLP2 via Odin by refer to the tutorial here. If your Galaxy Note is running this latest Android ICS Rom, then here is the tutorial to root your Galaxy Note N7000 Android 4.0.3 DXLP6 firmware:
- We are not liable for any damages that could happen to your smartphone. Flash at your own risk. There is a possibility for your phone to get bricked and totally unusable.
- Create a backup of your phone’s important data to external storage.
- Battery power at least 80% full.
- If you do not have Samsung’s KIES 2.0 installed, download and install it. Correct USB drivers must be installed, so that programs can communicate with the device. Reboot computer after KIES installation.
Step 1: Set your phones into USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.Then turn off your phones.
Step 2: Turn your phones into download mode by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously.
Step 3: Start ODIN on PC.
Step 4: Connect the device to your computer using USB.
Step 5: Wait a few seconds, the ODIN screen will show that a device is now connected
- If ODIN not detect your device, then you can refer here on how to solve it.
Click the PDA button, then select CF-Root-SGN_ZS_OZS_LPF-v5.3-CWM5 . tar
Step 7: Press “Start”. ODIN will start flash the firmware, and the device should reboot after flash complete.