I know that there are a lot of Samsung Galaxy S2 owners who were eagerly awaiting for Ice Cream Sandwich to be released officially by Samsung. Many of Android smart phone owners are waiting to get updated with Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 including Samsung galaxy S2 users. In the past months, several Galaxy S2 builds have surfaced to show the developments of the manufacturer.
Last week, Samsung Israel gave us some clues that it will be updating its Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0 ICS next week. But, when is the exactly Date for OTA update? Yes, It has finally arrived folks! Today, Samsung has official release the changelog and features update for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 Android 4.0 ICS update. According to the Samsung website, you can look forward to these new features in ready to updaye your Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0 ICS:
Galaxy S2 ICS Upgrade
You can upgrade your mobile to Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) thru KIES 2.0 or FOTA.
To upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich, you must upgrade KIES to the latest version.
(KIES 1.5 does not support upgrading to ICS)
To upgrade mobile OS thru FOTA, large firmware file must be downloaded in your mobile.
So it’s strongly recommended to use high speed WI-FI connection when you upgrade your mobile to ICS thru FOTA
1. Major Improvement
– Platform upgrades Android 2.3 Gingerbread → Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
ㆍ Face Unlock and Android Beam are added
ㆍ Mobile Network Data usage function is added
ㆍ Usability of multi-tasking and some applications is improved
※ Because of ICS OS feature, Adobe flash and Bluetooth 3.0 HS will not be supported in
ICS OS (Bluetooth 3.0 is supported still)
(1) Initializing a few user data
· After ICS upgrade, important user data (like phone book, message, and picture) will be maintained. But due to the changes in the software, few user data or setting value will be initialized.
· Home screen and sequence of applications
· Setting value of a few applications which are improved.
Note: To prevent unexpected data loss, please back-up your data thru Kies before upgrading.
(2) Internal memory space
· To upgrade to ICS OS, enough device memory is needed
(Thru Kies: 60MB at least, Thru FOTA: 350MB at least)
· If device memory is not enough, please delete downloaded applications, SMS/MMS or E-Mail
· How to check device memory : Applications – Setting – Storage – Device memory - Available space
(3) Application compatibility
· In ICS OS, few applications which are downloaded from Android market or other will not work because they are not optimized in ICS OS
· If the application from Android market is not working in ICS, you may notify application developer
(4) Customized firmware
If unofficial or customized firmware is installed in the mobile, unexpected problem can happen during upgrading
We expect for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to be official releases next week, for the United States and for the main EU regions once the carriers get a hold of the package, because Galaxy S2 has been customized by a variety of mobile network operators. Stay tuned with us at Facebook and Google Plus to get updates on latest Android Ice Cream sandwich update for Your Samsung Galaxy S2.